erik Thank you so much for your reply,
I think I will opt for a Pro camera as you said. I will also look for the PoE version, if available, so as to place it even further away from the control PC.
On Mouser, I see that the OAK-D Pro PoE will be available from August 2022 and unfortunately only in a limited number of units, so I think they are all booked up or not in time to get it.
Maybe I can start making some experiment with the OAK-D Poe (not Pro) in the meantime...
If I can ask you some more question I'll list them here below, but, since there are many and they are not very relevant to the topic of this forum intervention, let me know if it would be better for me to send an e-mail instead (to which address? maybe to email@example.com?):
- I think in testing I will use it with a PoE injector rather than a PoE switch, so since the link in the documentation seems broken, which type of PoE injector should be used?
- on the camera side, from the image I see some kind of special connector or a black cable clamp, but in the tutorial I see instead that the RJ45 plugs directly into the camera. Should I plan to buy a special connector or prepare to solder an ad-hoc one?
Since, if the product turns out to meet my needs, it is very likely that I will want to adopt it as a default alternative to the products I have been using so far (Kinect, Realsense), I would feel very secure in knowing that, this product:
- will remain on the market for quite some time and
- in larger quantities in stock,
- that the code and tutorials will continue to be expanded and enriched,
- that technical support will remain available and operational over time.
Do you have any information on this?
Let me know and thank you for your patience and support.